To support researchers, individuals, institutions, agencies, patients, providers, and other stakeholders in fruitfully collaborating on research projects that address researchers’ interests and communities’ health needs.
To promote, implement and support community-engaged translational and implementation science research, projects and scholarship by:
- Building the long-term, trust-based community partnerships that are needed to expeditiously and effectively conduct community-engaged translational and implementation science research
- Preparing community leaders and researchers to be full collaborators in research projects
- Working with researchers and communities to increase the number of Clinical and Translational Science (CTSI) associated research projects that focus on community-engaged research or include this as a substantial component
- Provide a consultation service for researchers and communities that provides support for partnership identification and formation, proposal development, and carrying out research studies.
- Facilitate researcher and community member collaborations that develop community-engaged research methods, instruments, and educational materials for research projects.
- Mentor researchers, project staff and community leaders/members in collaborating on all phases of research projects.
- Facilitate Community / Patient Engagement Sessions that provide a structured setting for researchers to enhance their research projects through learning from community experts.
- Lead the CTSI Collaboration / Engagement Working Group to foster interaction and learning among expert and novice researchers and project team members who are conducting community-engaged research projects.