What are Design Studios?
The CTSI’s Design Studios are a venue for clinical research investigators to solicit expert recommendations for developing or optimizing their research project, clinical research protocol, grant application, and/or other opportunities. The goal is to increase the quality and efficiency of clinical research on campus through expert design and leveraging of resources. The studios will connect investigators with expert recommendations and jumpstart consultations with appropriate research services.
Who Can Benefit from a Design Studio?
- Design Studios are for investigators at any faculty level seeking feedback and resources to advance their clinical research. Design Studios can help with:
- Designing an investigator-initiated 1-3 site clinical trial
- Developing the science of a clinical grant application
- Strategizing to address scientific limitations in a grant resubmission
- Addressing challenges of an ongoing clinical research project (e.g., under-recruitment challenges)
- The studios are NOT meant to:
- Address urgent/last minute requests. The entire Design Studio process is expected to take approximately 6-8 weeks.
- Identify sites for an existing multi-center trial
- Perform clinical and/or data coordinating center services – see the Utah DCC
- Provide pre-award submission support
- Assist with manuscript preparation
- Develop non-human participants research
- Write Protocols